Boise City Council member and Capital City Development Corporation board member Scot Ludwig plans to build a pair of towers on land he controls at 5th St. and Broad St. in Boise.
On the north corner, Ludwig would build a nine-story office and parking structure on the southeast corner of the intersection, and an 11-story condo building on the north corner.
The two projects would be linked by a skybridge which will contain parking and a terrace over Broad St. – about 44 feet above the ground.
Here’s what is planned, according to documents filed with the City of Boise:
- South property – nine stories
- Ground floor retail and parking
- Five levels of parking – including two that span over Broad St.
- Three stories of office space.
- North property – 11 stories
- Four Two-story “live work” units facing 5th Street
- Third floor office space
- Two levels of parking, connected to the sky bridge
- Five stories of condominiums – four per floor
- 273 parking spaces
- 24 total condos
The project will need to be approved for both a conditional use permit and get design review approval, as well as a variance. The allowed height for buildings in the area is currently six stories, but Ludwig and his team are proposing to go as high as 11-stories.
Correction: An earlier version of this story stated LocalConstruct was a developer on this project. Ludwig is the only developer listed.
Love our stories? Get them delivered straight to your inbox each afternoon. Plus, support BoiseDev's independent journalism.