Here's the rundown of national chains with closures announced or pending that have stores in Boise and SW Idaho.
Abercrombie & Fitch
- What's happening: Closing 100 stores.
- SW Idaho stores: One in Boise Towne Square
- Local impact: Locations not yet announced
Family Christian Stores
- What's happening: Closing all locations
- SW Idaho stores: One at Fairview & Milwaukee in Boise
- Local impact: Local store will close
- What's happening: Closing 138 stores
- SW Idaho stores: Boise Towne Square, Nampa Gateway, Twin Falls, Burley
- Local impact: Burley store will close. Also, store in LaGrande, OR will shutter. The retailer says more stores could be announced in the future.
- What's happening: Closing 78 Kmart and 30 Sears stores
- SW Idaho stores: Sears - Boise Towne Square, Magic Valley Mall. Kmart - Nampa. (Sears Hometown store in Nampa and Sears Outlet in Boise are not impacted)
- Local impact: No Idaho stores closing in this round.
- What's happening: Merging, pending FTC approval
- SW Idaho stores: Too numerous to list, many adjacent
- Local impact: The FTC has indicated the merged retailer will have to divest stores. A small regional chain known as Fred's (not to be confused with Fred Meyer) is likely to pick up the stores the two chains shed - as many as 865.