The updated Broadway Bridge over the Boise River opened to much fanfare last September.
Now its predecessor (and predecessor's predecessor) have a permanent tribute.
A piece of the 1956 bridge has been placed in Julia Davis Park adjacent to the new structure. A plaque for the bridge drops a little bit of knowledge - that the old structure was actually two separate bridges "so closely aligned they appeared as one."
Another plauqe is dedicated to the first river crossing in this location - an 1891 bridge once touted to be "one of the finest bridges of its kind in the Pacific Northwest."
The display is sponsored by ITD and the Boise City Department of Arts & History.