Giant LEGO monuments are taking over Boise Towne Square for the next few weeks.
GGP, the mall’s owner, is sponsoring a Great Americana Roadshow through July 16th – with massive monuments built out of the toy bricks.
The show technically opens Saturday – but the monuments are already in place. A toy racing exhibit and other pieces will be in place this weekend.
On July 15th and 16th from noon-4 p.m., kids can come to the mall and build a mini Independence Hall to take home.
The impressive sculptures dot both levels of the mall, and helps GGP lure folks into the building for something other than shopping or food (and with a closed river and 100-plus degree temps… it’s not such a bad afternoon idea).
The featured sculptures are:
- US Capitol – lower level at center court
- White House – lower level near Banana Republic
- Washington Monument – lower level near Michael Kors
- Independence Hall – lower level near American Eagle
- Liberty Bell – lower level near PINK
- Old North Church – lower level near Abercrombie
- US Supreme Court – lower level at main entrance
- Lincoln Memorial – lower level near Vans
- Jefferson Memorial – upper level near Build-A-Bear
- Statue of Liberty – upper level near Starbucks
- ski resort – upper level near center court
- mall sculpture – lower level near Kohl’s
Support our journalism: Sign up for BoiseDev FIRST and get a daily newsletter filled with news & scoops