VillaSport has applied for approval with the City of Meridian to build a large 99,000 square foot gym/spa/pool(s)/bar/restaurant/social club in Meridian.
The project, if built as proposed, would be the largest private health club in the Boise valley by a significant margin. For example, the Axiom Fitness on ParkCenter Blvd. is less than half the size of VillaSport. It rivals the size of the West Family YMCA in Boise, though with a significantly larger outdoor facility.
The project is proposed for an L-shaped parcel on the SW corner of Eagle Rd. and Ustick Rd. It would wrap around another empty lot on the corner (which is currently home to the Seasonal Adventures pumpkin & tree lot).
“VillaSport is a resort-style athletic club and spa offering a unique combination of luxury amenities and the finest state-of-the-art equipment and programs for the entire family,” Tamara Thompson with The Land Group wrote in an application to the City of Meridian
The chain currently has opened or is working on locations in Oregon, California, Texas and Colorado.
There’s a lot to the project:
- Outdoor family pool with two 26′ waterslides, 25-yard lap pool, private cabanas, play structure, and large seating area. The outdoor pool area will also have a poolside cafe with chair service and whirlpool
- A second, separate outdoor pool with 25-yard lap lanes will be available for adults only. This area will have an additional whirlpool, plus private cabanas, firepit, and bar
- Inside, two more pools are planned – plus separate whirlpools located with the locker room facilities
- Food & Drink
- A poolside bar, plus a separate indoor cafe. The cafe will feature coffee, smoothies, snacks, and meals. The Portland-area location features flatbreads, quesadillas and breakfast sandwiches
- 120 weight machines
- Free weight floor
- Circuit training
- 180 group classes per week, including Zumba, Pilates, barre and yoga
- NBA-regulation basketball facility with a cushioned wood floor.
The spacewill feature league play, plus volleyball, indoor soccer and pickleball
- Massage rooms, body treatments, facials, waxing, spray tanning, manicures and pedicures
- Couples services, ladies nights and “Manicures with Mommy”
- While much of the club will be for members, the spa facility will offer services to the general public, according to the permit application materials
- Indoor and outdoor area for kids
- Art & dance studios
- Quiet room for infants
- Toddler area
- Indoor play tower
- Sports court
- Outdoor play area
- Day camps
- VillaSport plans a wide array of events, including pinewood derby, daddy/daughter dance, egg hunt, breakfast with Santa and more
- Space for 567 cars is proposed
The project is set for a December 20th hearing for a conditional use permit in front of the City of Meridian’s Planning & Zoning Commission. The CUP is needed to allow the facility to be open before 5am – plans call for VillaSport to be open from 4am-1am seven days per week.
BoiseDev is the area's only locally-owned commercial news outlet. Your support will help us cover more stories and bring you more vital information. Become a member today!