The 2018 Deal Flow report outlines a total of 70 mergers and acquisitions – with an Idaho-based company either buying another firm, or being acquired.
Here are a few highlights. The full Deal Flow report details all the mergers & acquisitions.
TSheets purchased by Intuit
Intuit purchased TSheets in January for an eye-popping $340 million. The business remains based in Eagle and saw a rebrand as TSheets by Quickbooks. It continues to add Idaho-based employees.
US Ecology purchases two
US Ecology, founded in 1952, provides services around environmental, field and industry to commercial and government entities in North America.
In August, US Ecology bought ES&H of Dallas for $22 million. Then in November, it bought EcoServ LLC for $87.2 million.
US Geothermal purchased by Ormat Nevada
Boise-based US Geothermal focuses on development, production and sale of elecricity derived from geothermal energy. It operates three plants across the US. Ormat Nevada entered into an agreement to purchase the company in January of 2018 for $110 million.
Boise Cascade purchases two companies
Boise-based Boise Cascade bought two companies during the year.
In April, it bought Lumberman’s Wholesale Distributors. That company distributes engineered wood products, commodity lumber items, and specialty building materials. The companies did not disclose terms of the deal.
In September, it purchased Arling Lumber of Cincinnati. Arling distributes lumber, plywood and other wood products. Terms also remained private for this deal.
Boise Weekly purchased by Adams Publishing
In August, Virgina-based Adams Publishing bought Boise Weekly. It operates as a division of Idaho Press. The parties did not disclose the purchase price, but the Deal Flow report notes the acquisition came via a leveraged buyout.
Idaho Capital Connect 2019 & Idaho Deal Flow
- Annual report shows billions moving through Idaho’s economy
- Idaho’s Red Aspen looks to rip up ‘beauty playbook’ with new model
- Boise maker of menstrual care cups lands product in every Target store
- Fifty Flowers sees expansion, to add Boise Greenbelt shop
- Eagle’s PetIQ aims to be a top dog in pet health & wellness
- Tech, wood pellets, loyalty programs and more highlight Idaho’s deal pipeline
- American Ostrich Farms hopes to replace beef with birds
- Idaho companies buy and sell through mergers big and small