In 2016, Albertsons purchased a large site at the corner of Eagle Rd. and Amity Rd. for a future grocery store. Now, the project will take a big step forward.
Albertsons and The Land Group applied for a plat on the site, that would add roads and subdivide the site for future use. The application also details the future retail site.
What the plan for Firenze Plaza proposes:
- A 58,164 square foot Albertsons store facing Eagle Rd.
- An Albertsons Express fuel center convenience store and fueling center.
- Five additional pad sites:
- A 3,200 square foot bank with drive-thru,
- A 5,000 square foot fast food restaurant with drive-thru.
- Three shop/restaurant buildings ranging from 4,500 square feet to 6,000 square feet.
- Parking for 353 vehicles.
- A site for four office or commercial buildings.
The plan earmarks two large remainder parcels to the north and west of the Albertsons-anchored retail center.
The project will go in front of the Meridian City Council on July 16th during the council’s regular evening meeting.
This would be the second new Albertsons store in the City of Meridian, after a new Albertsons Market Street location opened at Eagle Rd. and Fairview Ave. earlier this year. Two more stores are on the drawing board in the valley, including in Star and in Boise’s Barber Valley.
Love our stories? Get them delivered straight to your inbox each afternoon. Plus, support BoiseDev's independent journalism.