Usually, the swans are the most-famous residents at the Sun Valley Resort. But for one week a year, they step aside.
Today is arrival day at the Sun Valley Lodge for the annual Allen & Co. conference. The “no comment” festival launches each year after the Fourth of July holiday, and brings a who’s who of big names to Idaho.
Tim Cook. Bob Iger. Mark Zuckerberg. Oprah?
Each year, the brain trust of the increasingly-interconnected media and technology worlds comes together to attend seminars, dine at Michel’s Christiania and shoot a few rounds at the gun club.
BoiseDev will file stories from Sun Valley and Ketchum Wednesday. For now, some reading for the curious:
- Hollywood Reporter: Deal Buzz Competes With Streaming Fears as Media Moguls Descend on Sun Valley
- Apple Insider: Apple heads to Sun Valley 2019 conference as Apple TV+ launch looms
- Idaho Mountain Express: Stars to descend on Sun Valley for Allen & Co. event
- NY Post: Intellectual content tops menu at Sun Valley billionaires camp
- Variety: Sun Valley 2019: Content Arms Race, Streaming Wars Take Center Stage After a Turbulent Year