In April, BoiseDev broke news that Trader Joe’s planned a location in the former Rosauers on Eagle Rd.
The reporting was based upon several quiet whispers – and one single permit with the City of Meridian, obtained via public record request.
Now, there’s a flood of permits.
- Idaho Electric Signs applied for a Trader Joe’s sign on the building over the entrance.
- TML Service Experts applied to install HVAC in the building for Trader Joe’s.
- Buss Mechanical applied to install a vacuum system for Trader Joe’s. It also applied to do plumbing work for… Trader Joe’s.
- RME Inc. applied to install electrical connections for Trader Joe’s.
- Thrope Fire Sprinkler Services applied to install fire sprinklers for (say it with me now) Trader Joe’s!
Beyond that – there’s a permit to build-out the grocery store itself.
The future Trader Joe’s will take up a 16,744 square foot portion of the old Rosauers store – described as a “retail grocery store that sells prepackaged food items,” according to a permit for the buildout. The other two-thirds of the space will be leased to other tenants.
Trader Joe’s is famously tight-lipped about future locations – and has not yet made a formal announcement.
This will bring the number of locations for the discount grocer in the area to two – including a Downtown Boise location at the corner of Capitol Blvd. and Front St. that opened in 2014.
No date for an opening set yet – construction on the building is well underway. The retailer does not currently have any jobs posted in the State of Idaho.