A new set of shops should pop up along Eagle Rd. at Ustick soon. Barclay Group won approval from the City of Meridian for the 26,900 square foot project last month.
The project would bring a series of shops facing Ustick Rd.
The property is surrounded on two sides by the future VillaSport project. BoiseDev first broke news of that project last year. It would bring a massive resort-style club and spa to Meridian. Measuring more than 99,000 square feet, it would bring indoor and outdoor pools, waterslides, cafes, fitness areas and many other features to the corner.
In April, the Meridian City Council approved the development. So far, work on the project has not yet started, but it is now fully entitled for construction.
Here’s what’s included in VillaSport:
- Outdoor family pool with two 26′ waterslides, 25-yard lap pool, private cabanas, play structure, and large seating area. The outdoor pool area will also have a poolside cafe with chair service and whirlpool
- A second, separate outdoor pool with 25-yard lap lanes will be available for adults only. This area will have an additional whirlpool, plus private cabanas, firepit, and bar
- Inside, two more pools are planned – plus separate whirlpools located with the locker room facilities
- Food & Drink
- A poolside bar, plus a separate indoor cafe. The cafe will feature coffee, smoothies, snacks, and meals. The Portland-area location features flatbreads, quesadillas and breakfast sandwiches
- 120 weight machines
- Free weight floor
- Circuit training
- 180 group classes per week, including Zumba, Pilates, barre and yoga
- NBA-regulation basketball facility with a cushioned wood floor. The space will feature league play, plus volleyball, indoor soccer and pickleball
- Massage rooms, body treatments, facials, waxing, spray tanning, manicures and pedicures
- Couples services, ladies nights and “Manicures with Mommy”
- While much of the club will be for members, the spa facility will offer services to the general public, according to the permit application materials
- Indoor and outdoor area for kids
- Art & dance studios
- Quiet room for infants
- Toddler area
- Indoor play tower
- Sports court
- Outdoor play area
- Day camps
- VillaSport plans a wide array of events, including pinewood derby, daddy/daughter dance, egg hunt, breakfast with Santa and more
- Space for 567 cars is proposed
BoiseDev is the area's only locally-owned commercial news outlet. Your support will help us cover more stories and bring you more vital information. Become a member today!