What an extraordinary week it has been. Last Thursday, I wrote my first story related to the coronavirus pandemic. Since that time, I’ve posted 17 more, produced more than 300 real-time updates, and sent out a dozen free newsletters.
BoiseDev is the only locally-owned commercial news outlet in the area. And, frankly, it’s the smallest. It’s just me.
I’m laser-focused on providing the coverage the community needs with the resources I have. Here are the principles I’m using:
- BoiseDev will focus on issues related to businesses and government – and how they impact you.
- We will maintain our concept of “business news for more than just business people.” This includes development of course, just as it always has.
- We will not predict where the pandemic will go, and we will not stoke fear. Just the facts, in the plainest language possible
- The site will be responsive to community concerns, questions, and ideas.
- We will work together with other news outlets where we can.
- You’ll see some of our coverage on KIVI and in the pages of the Idaho Press – and some of their coverage here. You also may hear me on KBOI radio or Boise State Radio.
BoiseDev is made possible by two main revenue sources: our membership program, and a limited slate of advertisers. Those advertisers, SERVPRO of Boise, TOK Commercial, the Idaho AGC, Holland and Hart, Satlzer Health and Idaho Central Credit Union are a big part of why this happens. If you aren’t able to purchase a membership, I’d encourage you to support those businesses where you can.
Membership includes the benefit of a daily newsletter, reduced number of ads, and the “please be a member” nags go away. You also have my gratitude – but you have that just for reading.
Stay well – and wash your hands!