Several new stores and restaurants will open soon at the Village at Meridian.
- Paddles Up Poké owner Dan Landucci tells BoiseDev he just signed a lease for the fifth location of the local quick casual restaurant. Paddles Up will take over the former Wetzel’s Pretzels space near Matador on the west side of the main village area. This is the fifth location for the chain – including Downtown, Boise State, Nampa and Ketchum.
- Cafe Rio continues its local expansion. The quick casual Mexican food chain recently opened a new store on Broadway Ave. in Boise, and will soon add another location in The Village. This is the fourth local location for the Utah-based chain.
- Your Toy Link, a store dedicated to buying, selling and trading toys, is now open. Your Toy Link which calls itself “your link to geek,” sells action figures, Star Wars toys and more.
- Work continues on Astro Gallery of Gems, a large museum/gem shop concept. This is Astro’s second location after a store on 5th Avenue in New York City. The store will sell gemstones and other natural history items, and includes interactive displays and more. BoiseDev first wrote about the store earlier this year.
- Crews also continue to build out a space for Sierra – formerly Sierra Trading Post. That retailer will move into a portion of the former Toys ‘R’ Us space in the big box area of the shopping center.