Locally owned local news. We put readers first.

Ski Swap returns to Boise area for its 70th year

Every year in November, the Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundationhosts a ski swap. This marks the 70th year of skiers and boarders selling and buying gently used gear.

Starting Thursday, anyone can bring their used equipment and clothing to Expo Idaho. Friday through Sunday, items will be available for purchase.

“I remember my dad taking me as a kid, and I was always so excited to get new gear for the season,” skier Kiley Laney said. “As an adult, I still get excited to go.”

[Ski resorts around Idaho announce upgrades ahead of winter season]

Sellers determine the price of the items, and volunteers working at the event will help tag them. Those selling gear will be paid 75% of the commission, which will be mailed by check by December 1st. The remaining 25% goes to the Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation – a non-profit organization for competitive ski and snowboarding for kids.

The BBSEF posted on its Facebook page that the top 10 most wanted clean and gently used items include kids gear, alpine skis, ski boots, snowboards and boots, snowshoes, jackets, pants, and clean, warm winter clothes. They will not accept or sell sunglasses, baseball hats, T-shirts, or street shoes.

Admission into the event is $5 Friday and Saturday, and on Sunday, admission is free with a canned food donation, which will go to the Boise Rescue Mission. Without a canned food item, admission is $5. Admission is free all weekend for anyone under 18 years old.

For those just wanting to sell gear, they will not be asked to pay an admissions fee.

The items that are not sold need to be picked up by 5 pm on Sunday, November 7th.

For more details and ski swap hours, click here.

Start your day with all the local news you need. Delivered by email M-F at 6am. FREE!

Unsubscribe any time
Anna Daly - BoiseDev Reporterhttps://boisedev.com/author/annadaly/
Anna Daly is a reporter for BoiseDev. She's an Emmy-winning journalist, and a professor at the College of Western Idaho. Contact her at anna@boisedev.com.

Related stories

Trending