Over the last two days we have highlighted the several ways to help agencies in the Treasure Valley help those in need. The first, ways to donate good and the second, time.
Today, we are taking a look at ways to donate money this holiday season. Of course, all three ways are helpful to non-profits in our area, money does give these agencies flexibility to directly meet the needs of those struggling this year. Giving money can also be the quickest way to give – as most take donations either online or by phone.
While non-profits take donations year-round, there are several campaigns happening this month.
Here are ways you can donate money:
- Virtual Red Kettle – List of Salvation Army’s digital red kettle locations
- 7Cares Idaho Shares – Donations go to nine local non-profits
- Avenues for Hope – Gifts support housing non-profits
- Amazon Smile – Percentage of purchases on Amazon go to your charity of choice
- Great non-profits – Lists dozens of local organizations in need of donations
Most non-profit organizations will specify what your dollars are buying. For example, the Boise Rescue Mission can feed, give shelter and clothing to one person for $24.
Donations of time, goods and money are not important just this holiday season, but year-around. They are critical to the survival of organizations in our community helping those in need.