The Boise Airport will add another new flight – and a new destination.
Low-cost airline Avelo will add service from Boise to the Hollywood-Burbank airport in California. It marks the fifth nonstop destination from Boise in Southern California, including Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, and seasonal service to Palm Springs.
The airline flies to nearly 20 cities, with hubs in Los Angeles and New Haven, CT. The airline has announced several new flights in recent days, including Raleigh-Durham, Baltimore, and Chicago Midway.
“Boise has continued to grow and change, and with that the airport has continued to grow and change,” Boise Airport Director Rebecca Hupp said. Our air service and our number of passengers has rebounded much faster than the national average.”
The new service will happen just twice a week – on Monday and Friday. The service will start on May 24th, with fares “as low as” $59 each way.
After seeing many flights and destinations disappear after the COVID-19 pandemic began to impact Idaho, a raft of airlines have added new destinations from Boise.
The latest move brings the total number of nonstop destinations to 28. Some airlines have pulled back on flights or pulled out of the market permanently. Frontier, which made an announcement of new flights to Denver in 2018 no longer serves BOI.
The latest passenger numbers for January show the airport remains far below the levels for January of 2020. In January of this year, a total of 284,782 folks got on or off a flight at BOI. In January of 2020, the total passengers stood at 316,211. That’s a decrease of about 11%.
- Alaska to add nonstop flights from Boise to Idaho Falls and Las Vegas
- New flights from Boise to north end of Seattle area finally set to start
- Southwest to add new flights from Boise to Orange Co. & Dallas
- New flights between Boise and Austin, TX to launch this summer; Added flights to Chicago and Sacramento too
- Boise Airport will add additional airline with redeye flights direct to NYC
- Airline to add nonstop flight from Boise to Nashville